Dear IAVCEI member,
As you probably know from the last issue of IAVCEI NEWS, we will reintroduce a payment fee for IAVCEI membership starting on January 1, 2016.
IAVCEI has increased its activities in recent years, financing grants for researchers from developing counties, international workshops and schools, and providing financial contributions to COV meetings and IAVCEI scientific assemblies. This activity requires income that cannot be guaranteed by voluntary contributions from members and from IUGG annual payments to IAVCEI. Thus, we find a need for membership fees to provide a regular annual income, similar to other international scientific associations.
The donor members, who have paid before the cancellation of the membership fee, will be advised about their balance and if they owe anything for 2016. Nothing will change for life members, who do not pay a yearly membership fee.
The amount of the new fees, referred to calendar year, will be:
- YOUNG RESEARCHER MEMBER (Student or within 3 years after receiving PhD) 1-year membership: 15 Euros, 4 years membership: 50 Euros
- REGULAR MEMBER (fee depending on personal income)
- Over US$16,000 – 1-year membership: 50 Euros, 4-years membership: 175 Euros
- US$ 8,000-16,000 – 1-year membership: 25 Euros, 4 years membership: 80 Euros
- Under US$ 8,000 1-year membership: 15 Euros, 4-years membership: 50 Euros
- LIFE MEMBER (a one-time payment, with no annual fees afterward) 800 Euros
- BENEFACTOR MEMBERSHIP AND LIFE MEMBER (a one-time payment, with no annual fees afterward) 1000 Euros
- ORGANISATIONAL MEMBER 4000 Euros
IAVCEI members receive discounted fees for participation in IAVCEI meetings and workshops, are eligible for IAVCEI medals/prizes and to be elected as IAVCEI representatives. Members will receive 4 issues of IAVCEI NEWS each year and will be added to the IAVCEI mailing list.
Instructions for payment (Paypal or bank account) at www.iavcei.org
On behalf of IAVCEI EC.
IAVCEI Secretary General