Report from the Nominating Committee
- Call for nominations to the IAVCEI EC for the 2019-2023 term was announced on 27 November 2018 in the IAVCEI web site and was sent to all members. All nominations were submitted by the deadline of 15 January 2019.
- All positions, except ordinary committee members, have one more candidates than the number of seats; so that the Nominating Committee was not necessary to select candidates before voting (Statutes #38).
- Two candidates are from France, Japan and NZ, respectively. This fulfills “no more than two” from the same country in the Statutes #17 and 39.
- Candidates for the President are from the member countries of IUGG (Statutes #28).
- All candidates were nominated and seconded by members from three countries different from the candidate’s country, except for one candidate for the ordinary members (Statutes #30).
- One current ordinary Executive Committee member (3-rd candidate in the following list) was nominated again as the candidate of the extra (second)-term member, which is allowed in the Statutes #16.
- Seconders of the 4-th candidate for the ordinary member were not paid members when nominated and could not fulfill the membership until the early February 2019 (Statutes #26 and 27). The result was reported to the current Secretary General and President, and the current Executive Committee decided to second the 4-th candidate (Statutes #31).
The abstract and travel grants deadline for IUGG in Montreal is rapidly approaching. Please, consider to participate in our centennial General Assembly sharing your research with colleagues.
Do not miss our centennial party (open to all members) on Sunday, 14th of July!
February 18, 2019. Deadline for abstract and travel grant submission. EXTENSION TO MARCH 1st 2019, 15:00 CET
July 12-17, 2019. IAVCEI week at IUGG
July 12, 2019. Special symposium on IAVCEI centennial (entire day)
July 14, 2019. IAVCEI members' assembly with presentation of Wager Medal and GPL Walker Prizes
July 14, 2019. An evening with IAVCEI. Celebrating 100 years of volcanology with food, drink and music
When inscribing to IUGG conference please remember to sign in as IAVCEI member!
See you in Montreal
The IAVCEI Executive Committee
In commemoration of the IUGG centennial in 2019 IAVCEI has been awarded a grant to facilitate a workshop to be held next year supporting international cooperation in geosciences.
The focus of the workshop is fostering developed-developing country partnerships for the advancement of global volcano science, including the development of best-practice engagement protocols.
These activities are driven under the auspices of the recently established IAVCEI - Developing Nations Network (DNN) which has been established to support scientists working in a resource or technology constrained context.