IAVCEI 2021 SA - Call for proposal for Scientific Sessions
IAVCEI 2021 Scientific Assembly
15–19 FEBRUARY 2021, ROTORUA, NEW ZEALAND
The IAVCEI 2021 Scientific Assembly will be hosted at Rotorua within the volcanically active Taupo Volcanic Zone. Scientific sessions will provide a close tie between its volcanic landscapes and processes and the latest advances in research. The themes of the Assembly encompass the disciplines that seek to understand volcanism and magmatism, including natural processes, investigative techniques and the benefits and impacts to society. We welcome sessions linked to the following themes for the scientific programme:
- Magmatism and tectonism
- Using field data, geophysics, geochemistry, statistics, and modeling to probe volcanic and plutonic systems
- Eruption triggers and styles: From precursors to eruption
- Volatile influences on eruption style, degassing, atmospheric chemistry and climate
- Evaluating and communicating volcanic hazards and risks
- Monitoring: developing new approaches and novel applications of existing technologies
- Volcanoes, energy, resources and the environment
- Volcanoes and society: from indigenous peoples to a multicultural world
- Future thinking - what's on the horizon that could be a game-changer?
Session Proposal Format
Each proposal must include:
- Title of the session.
- Session lead convenor and co-conveners (names, affiliation and email).
- Description of aim and content of the session (max half page).
- Links to the themes (see below) for the Scientific Program.
- Intended format for the session (e.g., poster only, oral + poster presentations).
- Any website or links relevant to the session.
- Any link to current IAVCEI commissions or working groups.
Proposals should be submitted via the online portal on the webpage: https://confer.eventsair.com/PresentationPortal/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2FPresentationPortal%2Fiavcei2021%2Fcallforsessions
Proposal submission deadline: 1st November 2019
Notification of selection: 25th November 2019
Uploading of session information to website: 1st December 2019
Do not hesitate to contact the IAVCEI 2021 Program convenor or co-convenor if you have any questions: